Valeria Maltoni is a marketing and business strategist with 20 years’ experience working with Fortune 500 and fast growth organizations on how to drive business results. A representative client lists includes the Project Management Institute (PMI), Anheuser-Busch InBev, Allstate, GE Appliances, Target, and SunGard.
A lifelong learner and doer, Valeria believes that our experience of the world is constantly being reassessed based upon our past interactions, while we are constantly looking to make sense of situations as they develop. An effective strategy defines the visions and roadmap to fulfill the promise a business makes to its customers and is the glue between brand, human, business, and technology insights. The quality and nature of both micro interactions, and experiences over time are one of the most valuable differentiating assets a business has.
Valeria is currently Senior Director of Strategy at Empathy Lab, one of the world’s leading digital consultancies focused on delivering ecommerce and broadband solutions across all connected devices.
Since 2006, Valeria’s Conversation Agent is consistently ranked among the top 30 marketing blogs in the world on AdAge Power150. Handpicked by Fast Company as Expert Blogger, Valeria is on the Advisory Board for the International MBA, the Fox School of Business at Temple University, adviser to SmartBrief on Social Media, an active member of the Social Media Business Council, VP of Marketing for IABC Philadelphia, and a co-author of The Age of Conversation.
A sought after keynote speaker, Valeria’s recent speaking engagements include International CES, Digital Age 2.0 in Sao Paulo, Brazil, reThink in Oslo, Norway, the Word of Mouth Marketing (WOMMA) Summit, Vocus User Group conference, keynotes on influence at SxSW Interactive and Confab the Content Strategy conference, BlogWorld, FutureM summit, Web 2.0 Expo, BrandCamp, The Inbound Marketing Summit, Marketing Prof’s B2B Forum, and Mediabistro Circus.
She built one of the first online communities associated with Fast Company magazine.
Valeria earned a doctoral degree in languages from the University of Bologna and a degree in marketing communications from Villanova University.
- Her feature article Relationships and Brand Building in the Social Media Age was published by Philadelphia Direct Marketing Association Direct Views in winter 2012.
- Her feature article Strength in Numbers on integrating marketing and communications with social media for a more interactive and engaging experience was published by IABC CW magazine in November/December 2009 (browse a facsimile of the article here).
- She has had interviews published by Fast Company magazine, Inc., Forbes, Business Week, The Philadelphia Inquirer, USA Weekend, Post magazine supplement, and Enterprising Women magazine.
- Her introduction to “Working and Writing in Groups” was published in Ohio State University Prof. Locker’s Business and Administrative Communications, 6/e (2003, McGraw-Hill).
- From 2003-2006, Italian management consulting firm Trivioquadrivio has published her essays on Distance in Conversations, Make it Real – Authenticity is for Profit, and Representation as Creation, on the increasing importance of social networks and blogs.