Valeria Maltoni is a popular writer, speaker and business advisor, whose work has appeared in Fast Company, Forbes, Business Week, Inc., Advertising Age and other A-list publications. AdAge has ranked her blog in the top thirty on their Power 150 Top Marketing blogs in the world for three consecutive years.
A linguist, she has spent the past twenty years studying digital culture and human behavior and is the author of ConversationAgent.com and ItalianStyle.me.
Valeria’s talks on Uploading Humanism at Ignite Austin, Everyone is Wrong About Influence. Except your Customers at SxSW, and Becoming a Conversation Agent on the TEDTalk-like Bold stage at Inbound have received wide acclaim.
In addition to her work and writing, Valeria is the Founder of Conversation Agent LLC a cross-cultural consultancy that helps purpose-led companies and leaders grow up, not just grow, by bridging the gap between walk and talk to create more value.
Maltoni earned a doctorate degree in linguistics from the University of Bologna, Italy, studied risk management at The Institutes, and completed a Marketing Communications certification practicum at Villanova University.
- Guest Professor – Advanced Digital Marketing Strategy program, Bologna Business School. Coursework: how identity in tech is driving transformation in organizational work, impacting brand value and customer acquisition and retention.
- Personal Branding – separating the myth from reality. How to identify personal strengths, commercial value, and tell your story. Digital course for Work Wide Women (Italian) https://workwidewomen.com/course/personal-branding/.
- Strategic alignment in organizations with business operations in the United States, strong footprints in Europe (France, Italy, U.K., Ireland, Switzerland), and product sourcing in Europe and Asia to deliver cohesive experiences.
- Conversation themes and formats for 3 annual Rendezvous hosting 200 clients & lead prospects in top S&P 500 companies, Dublin, Bermuda, Edinburgh.
- 100 Leadership Conversations and round tables with authors, CEOs, and innovators, that built a Social Network for Fast Company with more than 500 active members in the Greater Philadelphia area between 1999-2007.
- Business Advisor, Venture for America startup accelerator with First Round Capital, 2015-2017.
- Strategy Advisor, Consulting Practicum, International MBA, the Fox School of Business at Temple University, 2007-2013.
- Negotiation of international joint venture to bring and market new organic formulations and science-based active ingredients to the U.S.
- Brand equity growth for two prominent risk management and chemical manufacturing global businesses resulting in profitable acquisitions.
- Keynote Speaker for a number of prominent North American and international events and conferences, 2007-current.
- Author, ConversationAgent.com, a dialogue on business, technology, digital culture, and human behavior, 2006-current. Recognized among the world’s Top 30 Marketing blogs (AdAge Power150), and one of the Top Content Marketing blogs (Content Marketing Institute.) With an archive 3,400+ articles-strong, and high search ranking, it continues to help technical, scientific, and operational pros reframe thinking and doing to develop and communicate value.
- Contributor to Communication World magazine, Industria Clandestina, Fast Company magazine as founding expert blogger on Customer Conversation.
- Author of “Working and Writing in Groups” – introduction to Ohio State University Prof. Locker’s Business and Administrative Communications, 6/e (2003, McGraw-Hill.)
More information here.