Most organizations and brands don’t develop and communicate their full business / product value consistently. I work with mature brands and startups to help them solve this problem and create new opportunities — with an emphasis on new thinking to explore product / market and culture / language alignment and experiences, and ways of doing things relative to the impact of technology on brand and business.
I bring a participant-observer perspective to the conversation and a combination of strategic tools to all projects.
An outside perspective is useful to deep dive into problems and valuable to expand capacity where resources, knowledge, and time may be a factor. The bulk of my work is focused on transmitting the ideas, knowledge, and practice that helps brands, organizations, and teams create signal and achieve success.
When relevant, I’ll be happy to recommend partners and practitioners from my network.
Who I work with
My clients are organizations with multiple brands at different levels of maturity and startups building their next phase of growth. What they have in common is a desire to tell a new story through product value and experience.
Engineering-, development-, and scientific- led organizations – from cognitive computing, IT infrastructure services, and manufacturing to new molecules, formulations, and financial instruments – love how I help them translate product smarts into market value. I’ve helped many B2B organizations connect with ultimate users and customers (B2C), and B2C businesses develop product applications for B2Bs.
I play well with others – internal teams, partner agencies, and channels.
As a participant-observer, what I do follows a process:
- I work with you on a strategy mapped to your goals, utilizing the most useful tools, creating an action plan, and organizing the workflow in the most sustainable way possible
- I analyze how you work, helping you interpret feedback and information to adjust and evolve
- Where relevant, I help you select who and what to work with longer term – freelancers, technologies, platforms – cutting through the noise with unconventional ideas and less known resources
- or I provide solutions-neutral advice to explore further questions and/or options
- some clients retain me for additional coaching sessions to help teams or founders become more fluent as they execute
- Differentiating brand strategy
- Powerful story creation and proof points
- Aligning product, plans, and behavior for value creation
- Compelling and motivating communication
I bill per deliverable plus travel and time (per diem).
Hire me to provide a different perspective.