I work with mature brands and startups to help them solve problems and create new opportunities, with an emphasis on new thinking to explore experiences, and ways of doing things relative to the impact of technology on brand building. I bring a participant-observer perspective to the conversation and a combination of strategic tools to all projects.
An outside perspective is useful to deep dive into problems and valuable to expand capacity where resources, knowledge, and time may be a factor. The bulk of my work is project-based and focused on transmitting ideas and knowledge to help brands, organizations, and teams work and communicate better. When relevant, I’ll be happy to recommend partners and practitioners from my network.
Who I work with
My clients are organizations with multiple brands at different levels of maturity and startups building their next phase of growth. What they have in common is a desire to tell a new story through experiences. I’ve worked with engineering-, development-, and scientific- led organizations, translating product smarts into market conversations – from cognitive computing, IT infrastructure services, and manufacturing to new molecules, formulations, and financial instruments. I’ve helped many B2B organizations reach out to ultimate users and customers (B2C.) I play well with others – internal teams, partner agencies, and channels.
As a participant-observer, what I do follows a process:
- I work with you on a strategy mapped to your goals, utilizing the most useful tools, creating an action plan, and organizing the workflow in the most sustainable way possible
- I analyze how you work, helping you interpret feedback and information to adjust and evolve
- Where relevant, I help you select who and what to work with longer term – freelancers, technologies, platforms – cutting through the noise with unconventional ideas and less known resources
- or I provide solutions-neutral advice to explore further questions and/or options
- some clients retain me for additional coaching sessions to help teams or founders become more fluent as they execute
- Differentiating brand strategy
- Powerful story creation and proof points
- Aligning opportunities, plans, and behavior for value creation
- Compelling and motivating communication
I bill per deliverable plus travel and time (per diem).
Hire me to provide a different perspective.