Companies that go from purpose to strategy without considering the shifts in the environment and competitor actions experience frustration over direction and communication issues. These are symptoms of an unclear strategy to move forward. When the why of purpose is not coupled with a why of movement or how things could change, it’s difficult to develop and communicate the full value of products and services.
I work with mature brands and startups to help them solve this problem and create new opportunities — with an emphasis on new thinking to explore product / market and culture / language alignment and experiences, and ways of doing things relative to the impact of technology on brand and business.
I bring a participant-observer perspective to the conversation and a combination of strategic tools to all projects.
An outside perspective is useful to deep dive into problems and valuable to expand capacity where resources, knowledge, and time may be a factor. The bulk of my work is focused on transmitting the ideas, knowledge, and practice that helps brands, organizations, and teams create signal and achieve success.
When relevant, I’ll be happy to recommend partners and practitioners from my network.
Who I work with
My clients are organizations with multiple brands at different levels of maturity and startups building their next phase of growth. What they have in common is a desire to tell a new story through product value and experience.
I’ve helped engineer-, development-, and science-led organizations – from cognitive computing, IT infrastructure services, and manufacturing to new molecules, formulations, and financial instruments – examine the why of movement and interpret data and observation to reveal opportunity.
I play well with others – internal teams, partner agencies, and channels.
What I do follows a process:
- I work with you on a strategy of movement mapped to your goals, utilizing the most useful tools, creating an action plan, and organizing processes in the most sustainable way possible
- I analyze how you work, helping you put in place a mechanism to interpret feedback and information to prepare, adapt, and evolve the organization, and the brand
- Where relevant, I help you select who and what to work with longer term – freelancers, technologies, platforms – cutting through the noise with unconventional ideas and less known resources
- I provide solutions-neutral advice to explore further questions and/or options
- some clients retain me for additional coaching to help teams / founders execute
- Brand evolution
- Content consulting
- Group alignment
I bill per deliverable plus travel and time (per diem).
Hire me to provide a different perspective.